We require students of the Academy (grades 9-12) to participate in the Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (JROTC). The JROTC is a Federal program in high schools throughout the United States and our unit is sponsored by the U.S. Air Force.
A few goals of the JROTC:
- – Good citizenship and patriotism
- – Self-reliance and leadership
- – Excellence in written and verbal communication
- – Emphasis on physical fitness
- – Team-building and basic military skills
- – Opportunity for advanced ranking in post-graduate military service
Advanced JROTC students are given the opportunity to use our flight simulation software to work on the “ground” portion of their pilot’s license.
- – Color Guard – JROTC students presenting the colors
- – Drill Team – JROTC cadets performing drill routines
- – Marksmanship – JROTC rifle team