APA Academy cadets are eligible to participate in the Air Force Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (AFJROTC) as long as they meet AFJROTC criteria. The AFJROTC is a Federal program in high schools throughout the United States and our unit is sponsored by the U.S. Air Force.
Goals of the AFJROTC:
- Good citizenship and patriotism
- Self-reliance and leadership
- Excellence in written and verbal communication
- Emphasis on physical fitness
- Team-building and basic military skills
- Opportunity for advanced ranking in post-graduate military service
Important 2021-2022 dates to remember:
to go to the United States Air Force official website.
- Color Guard - AFJROTC students presenting the colors.
- Drill Team - AFJROTC cadets performing drill routines.
- Top Staff - AFJROTC cadets coming together to make decisions for the JROTC student body.
- C.I.A. Trips - Curriculum In Action Trips.
- AS 100 - Rocketry, Aerospace
- AS 200 - Communication
- AS 300 - Exploring Space, Career Opportunities
- AS 400 - Survival, Principals & Management
- Lt. Colonel Smith - Room 33
- TSgt. Tidwell - Room 36