APA requires Academy cadets to participate in the Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (JROTC). The JROTC is a Federal program in high schools throughout the United States and our unit is sponsored by the U.S. Air Force.
Goals of the JROTC:
- Good citizenship and patriotism
- Self-reliance and leadership
- Excellence in written and verbal communication
- Emphasis on physical fitness
- Team-building and basic military skills
- Opportunity for advanced ranking in post-graduate military service
- Color Guard - JROTC students presenting the colors.
- Drill Team - JROTC cadets performing drill routines.
- Marksmanship - JROTC rifle team.
- Top Staff - JROTC cadets coming together to make decisions for the JROTC student body.
- Awarness Presentation Team - Cadets brief on current events.
- Rocketry - Cadets get a chance to build model rockets.
- C.I.A. Trips - Cirrculum In Action Trips.
C.I.A. Trip Dates:
- San Antonio, Texas - January 14-19, 2020
- Washington D.C. Presidential Inaugurtion - January 18-21, 2021
- AS 100 - Rocketry, Aerospace
- AS 200 - Communication
- AS 300 - Exploring Space, Career Opportunities
- AS 400 - Survival, Principals & Managment
- Lt. Colonel Smith - Room 33
- MSgt. Isaacs - Room 31
- TSgt. Tidwell - Room 36